Dealing effectively with conflict in the workplace has become a critical function in public and private organizations. Employers and employees are increasingly turning towards mediation to avoid costly and time-consuming litigation. Mediation has successfully applied to many types of workplace disputes, including grievances, EEO complaints, superior / subordinate problems, and peer conflicts.
This workshop focuses on the mediation process and skills required to be successful. Facilitating difficult conversations, creative problem-solving, interpersonal negotiations and communication will be covered. The course will not include substantive or statutory issues.
Highly interactive, with specially designed role-plays reflecting a variety of workplace conflicts, Mediation Skills for the Workplace, prepares your organization for collaborative problem-solving.
- Understanding negotiations in the mediation
- Introduction to mediation fundamentals: protocols, caucuses and side-bars
- Tools and techniques of mediation
- Ethical considerations in workplace mediation
- Defining different mediation styles: directive / evaluative and facilitative
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an FMCS Certificate of Training.