Participants will participate in a mock arbitration of a complex case that raises both discipline and contract interpretation issues. The registrants will receive course texts and a specially compiled set of arbitration practice guides.
- Educating the arbitrator prior to hearing
- Opening the case with a winning statement
- Structuring the order of proof
- Proving negotiating history and past practice
- Making and responding to evidentiary objections
- Examining witnesses
- Offering relevant prior precedent
- Relying on external law to strengthen your position
- Seeking and opposing uncommon remedies
- Crafting effective closing arguments and post-hearing briefs
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an FMCS Certificate of Training.