The FMCS has scheduled a series of two-day workshops on space management and labor relations to be held in Boston, Chicago, Denver, and Los Angeles. The FMCS, Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA), and the General Services Administration (GSA) collaborated to develop the workshops.
Effective Federal agency workspace management requires employee engagement and labor relations knowledge and skills. The National Strategy for Reducing the Federal Government’s Real Estate Footprint and the Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Reduce the Footprint (RTF) Memorandum present opportunities to improve Federal workspace quality and functionality while also reducing real estate costs. To summarize the critical employee engagement interests that must be addressed through the OMB RTF initiative, the inter-agency work group of FMCS, FLRA and GSA have created this training video.
The workshops will include:
- A tour of a redesigned federal space developed in partnership with agencies to create an effective and efficient 21st century workspace.
- An overview by GSA of its owned and leased space project lifecycle and key opportunities for employee engagement and labor-management collaboration.
- A review by the FLRA of the statutory duty and scope of bargaining and impasse resolution, as well as opportunities for pre-decisional involvement during office moves.
- Collaborative problem-solving skills training and resources by FMCS to support effective pre-decisional involvement and collective bargaining.
- A discussion with agencies and labor organizations that recently went through office moves about their experiences and lessons learned.
- Resource materials for future reference and to share with colleagues.
There is NO COST to attend these workshops. Registration is expected to exceed capacity. Preference will be given to registrants who indicate that their management or union counterpart will also attend. To register, click the link for the session that you wish to attend.
March 9-10, 2016 Chicago, IL REGISTER HERE
March 22-23, 2016 Boston, MA REGISTER HERE
April 19-20, 2016 Denver, CO REGISTER HERE
May 11-12, 2016 Los Angeles, CA REGISTER HERE
For a PDF version of the FMCS news release, click here.