2 FMCS :: Home :: News Room
FMCS close window
 News Room
  Notice to FMCS Employees: Unemployment Insurance Benefits

File: SF-8


During the Government Shutdown, you may consider filing for unemployment insurance benefits.  You file with the state in which you are currently employed.  Your furlough notice is used as proof of your current employment status.  You may also be asked for the agency’s 3-digit federal agency identification number.  You will find that number on the SF-8.  If you’re asked to provide a copy of your most recent earning and leave statements, they are available on the Employee Personal Page located at www.nfc.usda.gov.  SF-50’s are not available due to the uncertainty of whether or not employees will receive back pay for their furloughed time. 
You may visit any of these websites for additional information regarding unemployment insurance benefits or call Bob Short on (202) 606-5465.