|Contact us at: (202) 606-5111; or e-mail at email@example.com Fax: (202) 606-3749
The Office of Arbitration Services maintains a Roster of approximately 1,300 arbitrators qualified to hear and decide disputes over the interpretation or application of collective bargaining agreements; provides the parties involved in collective bargaining agreements with lists and panels of experienced arbitrators; and appoints arbitrators following their selection by the involved parties.
During FY 2013, the Office of Arbitration Services processed 13,361 requests for arbitration panels from labor and management customers nationwide. Arbitrators on the FMCS Roster heard and decided 2,124 labor arbitration cases. 64% of all cases decided involved the private sector. 14% were federal sector cases and 22% from the public sector. Discharge or other disciplinary actions accounted for 552 of all cases arbitrated in FY 2013.
According to FMCS statistics, the average dollar amounts for each arbitration case during FY 2013 are as follows:
| Per Diem Rate|
| Total Charge|
FMCS statistics show the following as average days based on all awards rendered in FY 2012:
| Hearing Time|
| Travel Time|
| Study Time|
| Total Time|
Additional statistics can be found on the Arbitration page of this site.
FMCS Arbitration Services Staff
Karen Pierce, Supervisor, Arbitration Services and Notice Processing (202) 606-3672. Supervises the work of the Case Administrators and Notice Processing Technicians, including resolving complaints from customers regarding FMCS panels. Manages the verification process for credit card billings. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arbitration Assistant (202) 606-5329. Responds to requests for permanent panels and direct appointments. Handles complaints from parties regarding scheduling. Responds to parties regarding payments owed to arbitrators. Processes the annual arbitrator listing fees. Responsible for case work from the states of Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin. Email: email@example.com
Peggie J. Shoulders
, Roster Administrator (202) 606-5138. Prepares paperwork to place arbitrators on the FMCS Roster. Updates biographical sketches of arbitrators, including requests for fee increases and address changes. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case Administrators are responsible for processing arbitration panels. They are assigned specific states for issuing arbitration panels. Please contact the Case Administrator assigned to the state in which the dispute is located if you have any questions regarding an arbitration panel.
(202) 606-5128. Responsible for Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia. E-mail: email@example.com
(202) 606-5118. Responsible for Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(202) 606-5446. Responsible for Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island. Email: email@example.com
(202) 606-5129. Responsible for Connecticut, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(202) 606-5110. Responsible for Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Illinois, Nevada, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia. E-mail: email@example.com