Arbitration for Advocates
Dates: February 18-20, 2015
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: FMCS Oakland Training Center
Cost: $1,000.00/Early Bird $900.00
Participants will participate in a mock arbitration of a complex case that raises both discipline and contract interpretation issues. The registrants will receive course texts and a specially compiled set of arbitration practice guides.
- Educating the arbitrator prior to hearing
- Opening the case with a winning statement
- Structuring the order of proof
- Proving negotiating history and past practice
- Making and responding to evidentiary objections
- Examining witnesses
- Offering relevant prior precedent
- Relying on external law to strengthen your position
- Seeking and opposing uncommon remedies
- Crafting effective closing arguments and post-hearing briefs
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an FMCS Certificate of Training.
Andria S. Knapp Esq. Arbitrator
Kathy Fragnoli Esq. Mediator, Arbitrator
This class will be limited to the first 25 registrants.
FMCS Institute for Conflict Management 202-606-3627 or 206-553-2773.