November 14-16, 2012
FMCS Oakland Training Center
7677 Oakport Street Suite # 545
Oakland, CA 94621
Cost: $1,000.00 early bird 900.00 if registered by October 14, 2013
20 Seats available
Participants will participate in a mock arbitration of a complex case that raises discipline and contract interpretation issues. The registrants will receive course texts and a specially compiled set of arbitration practice guides.
- Educating the arbitrator prior to hearing
- Opening the case with a winning statement
- Structuring the order of proof
- Proving negotiating history and past practice
- Making and responding to evidentiary objections
- Examining witnesses
- Offering relevant prior precedent
- Relying on external law to strengthen your position
- Seeking and opposing uncommon remedies
- Crafting effective closing arguments and post-hearing briefs
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an FMCS Certificate of Training.
Richard Fincher, Arbitrator
Andria Knapp, Arbitrator
For online course registration please click here.
FMCS Institute for Conflict Management 202-606-3627 or 206-553-2773.